Monday, November 10, 2008

The VSO Bahaginan Race (my supposed first 15K race)

The VSO Bahaginan Race was another well-organized race by Coach Rio. Swthrt and I arrived at the BHS at around 5:15am. After having our car parked, Swthrt got ready to warm up. On our way to the starting area we saw familiar faces of runners/bloggers together with Wayne, the SFRunnner who had just arrived Saturday from the US. We also got a chance to meet Nora, the Golden Girl before the start of the race. After having a short chat and some picture-taking, the runners were called to the starting line. We also saw my cousins Kuya Hector and Alwyn. The 15K runners were released first. Then, after a few minutes the gun fired for 10K runners, followed by 5K runners. All these happened with me on the sideline. I heeded to the advise of my mentor, georgieboy and the other bloggers to take a complete rest after having been contacted with flu few days before the race. But I was there to support Swhrt and acted as her official photographer. She finished with an official time of 38:51. It was a good race for her. I also enjoyed taking pictures of the other runners.













Patience and Humility

God is so good that He uses every moment in our life to teach us lessons that will equip us in our journey through life. My supposed first 15K race was a lesson on patience and humility. I have learned that there’s a time for everything, and this is not my time to run the 15K. My reason in running is to have a healthy body and not to put it at risk. I skipped on this race to give my body enough time to recuperate. Anyway, there will be more races to come. It was also a lesson on humility and understanding that God made this body, and we should not abuse or cannot be boastful of having to do anything on our own strength and power. I cannot say that I’m strong to run any distance or to endure any pain. I can run because God allowed me to run. It is only God who really strengthens me physically and even spiritually.

11 comments:

  1. BroJ. Thank you for the post. I agree with the humility in many ways.

    Thank you for the photo shot. I was told about it at ChowKing but haven't been able to get internet access until today. It was great meeting you.

    Hope you're feeling better. Take care and have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to swthrt! hope you have recovered na. like you said, madami pa namang races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wayne, it was nice meeting you too. If you can email me at jce_velocity@yahoo.com, i will send you some more photos of you at the final stretch.

    I feel better now. I'm sad that i will not be at the NB Power race. Hope you'll have a great race and a wonderful day with the runner/bloggers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. broJ ,thank you for taking time out to take my picture and calling my attention at the finish line.as bards would say,finish gorgeously dapat pero all my strength was sapped out na from my efforts for this 15k.see you at the races and get better!

    jonel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jonel, i enjoyed taking pictures of the runners-bloggers. Feel free to grab the photos.I feel better now. See you in future races.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Bro. J. Your first 15k Run will surely come--in His time. We just have to be patient.

    I have been dreaming to run my first 10k in the NB Power Race in Clark but God also did not permit it. Like you, I won't be there. Family reasons.

    Great to have finally met you and your darling Baby!

    See you again in future races.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BroJ, thanks for the photos you sent my cousin, Ate Nora. It was great and iam very grateful for it.

    Thanks you also for the inspiration, and for taking time to take those photos.

    junmuego

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi jun, your welcome and thanks for visiting my site. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Bro J,

    I really appreciate you dropping by my site. I did drop by also to your blog. I will link your blog with mine. Is that OK? Yes, you're right. Listen to your body. When it's tired it will really tell you to rest. There will be many races. It was nice meeting you at the VSO race and thank you for supporting that race. Your registration will go a long, long way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi roselle, thanks too for visiting. it's ok to link my blogsite to yours, i'll do the same.See you around in future races!

    ReplyDelete